Saturday, September 15, 2012

my boy is 6....






Mr. Kainoa. Oh, my, how you have grown so much. Funny- check, silly- check, love bug- super big check, sensitive- check, smart- check. You've learned a lot this year. You learned to boogie board (your fav), how to read, how to catch a ball IN YOUR GLOVE, and how to be a great big brother. you learned that more so this year. kava is 2 and he tests your patience, but, you're pretty good with him. you always make him feel better when he cries and give him lots of love. you still love your ate soooooo much. so much so that you your teacher asked you to draw your best friend and you drew ate. you follow her around and try to be like her. you're my little soft part in my heart, my first boy. you still ask me to lay with you at night- which i love. i love it when you say to me, 'hey! where's my kiss?' you're still a lover boy. mommas lover boy.

you are s i x. it's going fast, kainoa. kinder came and went so quick now it's 1st grade. i'm not ready at all for you to grow up. you were the baby for such a long time. but it's happening. all i can say is i'm glad to see you growing up to be a good boy. i know there's great things for you ahead. but for now just enjoy your lego ninjago, cars (yes, still), baseball, GUM- big league to be exact, school, coloring, bike riding, swimming... your childhood. i know i am. 

happy birthday, baby. we love you more than you know. 

xoxox mommy and daddy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Why you gotta make me tear up! He's a sweet boy even though he never lets me see that side. lol. I love that he loves his ate still. I remember when he would cry if she didn't stay at lolo and lola's house with him. Sweet, handsome and a lover boy. You're in trouble!