Monday, January 8, 2007

a not so productive sunday...

so i decided to go all butch and varnish and sand my headboard. i didn't really love the color in the first place, and with the new addition finished, i figured it was a good time to change the color of my bed set. i thought, hey, since we're going to disassemble the bed anyway, why not varnish it while it's apart? yah, umm.. no. first, it didn't take a few hours like i thought. second, i DID need muelu's help, unlike i told him. (hey after 2 hours of sanding, your forearms would hurt too. not to mention look like popeyes) i was determined to do this alone with out help, since it was 'my' project as muelu stated. well, it didn't look too bad. oh and did i mention , i just did one side since i was literally dying from the sanding, varnish inhalation and sun?! anyway, here's some before
and after (this was after coat one, it really is darker and not soo red, i'll update when i'm totally finished and moved in my room)

after the deathly revamping of my bed, we had a pretty nice sunday. we just had a lazy day. loove those. full of sleep and snuggling... here's a recent picture of my finger sucker and my ham, kymora. kainoa is 3.75 months old, btw.

No comments: